Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MROUND

Hope someone can help but whenever I use the MROUND function the answer is
always (#NAME?). Does this even when I copy the example from the help menu.
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong. Working in excel 2003 if that makes a
difference.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

MROUND requires the analysis toolpak.

Tools|Addins - check the analysis toolpak

Re-Enter the formula

Mike

"emz486" wrote:

Hope someone can help but whenever I use the MROUND function the answer is
always (#NAME?). Does this even when I copy the example from the help menu.
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong. Working in excel 2003 if that makes a
difference.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:20:10 -0700, emz486
wrote:

Hope someone can help but whenever I use the MROUND function the answer is
always (#NAME?). Does this even when I copy the example from the help menu.
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong. Working in excel 2003 if that makes a
difference.

If you read the top part of the HELP for MROUND, it will tell exactly what to
do and how to do it when it returns a #NAME! error (install the Analysis
toolpak)
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you have the Analysis ToolPak add-in installed?

That's mentioned in help for MROUND.

Or, use this formula that does the exact same thing but doesn't rely on
functions from the ATP:

=ROUND(number/multiple,0)*multiple

For example, round the value of A1 to the nearest multiple of 5:

A1 = 56

=ROUND(A1/5,0)*5

Result = 55

--