Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default minimum value in a column, which row no?

Using
Min (range) I can find the minimum value of a column of data. But how can I
find which Row number it belongs?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your data column is A, try the below

=MATCH(MIN(A:A),A:A)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Darius" wrote:

Using
Min (range) I can find the minimum value of a column of data. But how can I
find which Row number it belongs?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Returns first row that contains mim value (if two rows have same min value,
will only display first row)

=MATCH(MIN(A:A),A:A)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Darius" wrote:

Using
Min (range) I can find the minimum value of a column of data. But how can I
find which Row number it belongs?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MATCH(MIN(A:A),A:A,0) for exact match
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Darius" wrote:

Using
Min (range) I can find the minimum value of a column of data. But how can I
find which Row number it belongs?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=MATCH(MIN($A$1:$A$100),$A$1:$A$100,0)

Now if your range starts other than in row 1 add an offset

=MATCH(MIN($A$10:$A$100),$A$10:$A$100,0)+9

The offset iss 1 less than the start row.

Mike

"Darius" wrote:

Using
Min (range) I can find the minimum value of a column of data. But how can I
find which Row number it belongs?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Technically, since he's finding the MIN from same range your matching to, is
there a need to callout for "exact" match?
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Darius" wrote:

Using
Min (range) I can find the minimum value of a column of data. But how can I
find which Row number it belongs?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try it with these numbers in A1:A5 -

18,20,87,11,41