Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula behind functions

Hello,
my question belongs to worksheet-functions beginning with coup, for example
coupncd or couppcd and so on.
Is there any hint, how these functions calculate the result?
In some of the helpfiles you can find the math formula, the calculation is
based on.
For these coup*-functions I cannot find such hint.
I would like to know, which math formula is behind
coupncd
couppcd
coupdaysnc
coupdaybs
Has somebody further knowledge about the internal calculation?

Kind regards
Volker
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Which version of Excel are you using?
Coup is used to calculate a date on which a coupon is or was due for returns.
COUPNCD(settlement,maturity,frequency,basis) and returns a number that
represents the next coupon date after the settlement date.
COUPPCD the previous coupon date;
COUPDAYSNC returns the number of days from the settlement date to the next
coupon date.
COUPDAYBS returns the number of days from the beginning of the coupon period
to the settlement date.

Basis Day count basis
0 or omitted US (NASD) 30/360
1 Actual/actual
2 Actual/360
3 Actual/365
4 European 30/360

And all that from the help file!, There's lots more info though.

In other words, mostly subtaction and addition
--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"VolkerB" wrote:

Hello,
my question belongs to worksheet-functions beginning with coup, for example
coupncd or couppcd and so on.
Is there any hint, how these functions calculate the result?
In some of the helpfiles you can find the math formula, the calculation is
based on.
For these coup*-functions I cannot find such hint.
I would like to know, which math formula is behind
coupncd
couppcd
coupdaysnc
coupdaybs
Has somebody further knowledge about the internal calculation?

Kind regards
Volker

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thank you Kassie, I have the same helpfile as you and your information is
based on this. But that is not what I was looking for.
I use excel 2003 / 11.
As I wrote, you can find mathematic formulas in the helpfile, for example
the function yield. Here they say: yield calculates as following.
Then you see numerator and denominator and some parenthesis with adds and
subtracts and multiplication and so on.

Behind the coup-functions must be a similar calculation. And this is what I
am searching for.

Kind regards
Volker

"VolkerB" wrote:

Hello,
my question belongs to worksheet-functions beginning with coup, for example
coupncd or couppcd and so on.
Is there any hint, how these functions calculate the result?
In some of the helpfiles you can find the math formula, the calculation is
based on.
For these coup*-functions I cannot find such hint.
I would like to know, which math formula is behind
coupncd
couppcd
coupdaysnc
coupdaybs
Has somebody further knowledge about the internal calculation?

Kind regards
Volker

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, I found an address with some helpful informations about programming
functions in visual basic:
http://www.entisoft.com/estools/MathFinancial.HTML