Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need help with a function for a golf match spreadsheet

I am a High School golf coach and I would like to be able to rank 12 scores
from 2 different columns and assign a point value based on their finish.
Since we have 6 golfers from each team they will be located in 2 seperate
columns

For example the golfer with the best score recieves 12 points toward all
conference honors the next best score recieves 11 etc... all the way down to
1 point.

I would also need to be able to divide the points between golfers with the
same score.
My sheet looks something like this below:
A B C E F
Name Score Points Name Score Points
7 0 0
8 0 0
9 0 0
10 0 0
11 0 0
12 0 0
Team Score 0 Team Score 0

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's a small sample file that demonstrats this:

Point distribution.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?exjuPzHPO6

--
Biff