Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with worksheet event

Hello,
I have a worksheet that has the following information:
Cell A: Name/Cell B:Amount/Cell C:Name/Cell D:Total
Jack $2 Jack
Bob $5 Bob
Jack $7 Mary etc
Mary $10
Each time an amount is allocated to Jack I would like the amount to go into
the total cell (Cell D)for him, and add it up, or even into another
worksheet, is this possible?
Kind regards
:-)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Suppose

C1 = Jack
Enter the below formula in D1 and copy down as the number of entries in
Column C

=SUMIF(A:A,C1,B:B)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"NZuser" wrote:

Hello,
I have a worksheet that has the following information:
Cell A: Name/Cell B:Amount/Cell C:Name/Cell D:Total
Jack $2 Jack
Bob $5 Bob
Jack $7 Mary etc
Mary $10
Each time an amount is allocated to Jack I would like the amount to go into
the total cell (Cell D)for him, and add it up, or even into another
worksheet, is this possible?
Kind regards
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello again,
Some of the cells have more than one name in them separated by a comma e.g
Jack, Mary - the formula doesn't seem to work on these ones - is there any
way it can recognise the different names in the one cell?
:-)

"NZuser" wrote:

Hello,
I have a worksheet that has the following information:
Cell A: Name/Cell B:Amount/Cell C:Name/Cell D:Total
Jack $2 Jack
Bob $5 Bob
Jack $7 Mary etc
Mary $10
Each time an amount is allocated to Jack I would like the amount to go into
the total cell (Cell D)for him, and add it up, or even into another
worksheet, is this possible?
Kind regards
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Assume your data is arranged as follows in range D20:E24:

Jack 12
Bob 23
Jack 34
Mary 45
Jack, Mary 56

You may use the following formula
=SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(SEARCH(G20,$D$20:$D$24,1))*$ E$20:$E$24)). G20 holds
Jack
I have a question. In the example above, since 56 appears against Jack and
Mary, should this amount be included in the summation of both Jack and Mary.
if yes, then the formula above will work.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"NZuser" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a worksheet that has the following information:
Cell A: Name/Cell B:Amount/Cell C:Name/Cell D:Total
Jack $2 Jack
Bob $5 Bob
Jack $7 Mary etc
Mary $10
Each time an amount is allocated to Jack I would like the amount to go
into
the total cell (Cell D)for him, and add it up, or even into another
worksheet, is this possible?
Kind regards
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions