Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default A UNIQUE FORMULA

EXAMPLE: I want to multiply one cell with a dollar amount in it, by a cell
that has a quantity of employees in it. I want the dollar amount to remain
the same for the first two employees and only increase after the 3rd employee
is entered. If the amount is $4000, I want it to remain at $4000 until the
3rd employee is entered making it $8000 and then each additional employee
would add $4000. 10 employees would be $36,000. Can it be done? Appreciate
any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
If your $4000 is in B2, and number of employees in A2:
=IF(A22,(A1-2)*B2,B2)
Change the ref's to suit your data.
Fegards - Dave.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oops:
Should be:
=IF(A22,(A1-1)*B2,B2)

"Dave" wrote:

Hi,
If your $4000 is in B2, and number of employees in A2:
=IF(A22,(A1-2)*B2,B2)
Change the ref's to suit your data.
Fegards - Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the IF condition. Suppose

A1 = Emp Count
B1 = $ 4000

= IF(A12,(A1-1)*B1,B1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"FLATRATE" wrote:

EXAMPLE: I want to multiply one cell with a dollar amount in it, by a cell
that has a quantity of employees in it. I want the dollar amount to remain
the same for the first two employees and only increase after the 3rd employee
is entered. If the amount is $4000, I want it to remain at $4000 until the
3rd employee is entered making it $8000 and then each additional employee
would add $4000. 10 employees would be $36,000. Can it be done? Appreciate
any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Dave! It worked.

"Dave" wrote: