-   -   9 Assessments but want the students 7 best results (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/228168-9-assessments-but-want-students-7-best-results.html)

Felicity

9 Assessments but want the students 7 best results

Ok I am putting together a results list for students and one of their
assessments has 9 components- the students need to see the results for all 9
assessments BUT the final grade is based on the best 7. Is there a way to
have all 9 assessments in excel and a final column with the sum of the best
7? Could someone please explain how to do this?

Thanks

Felicity

T. Valko

9 Assessments but want the students 7 best results

If best means the highest:

=SUM(LARGE(A1:A9,{1,2,3,4,5,6,7}))

If best means the lowest:

=SUM(SMALL(A1:A9,{1,2,3,4,5,6,7}))