Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default index and match, then subtract, divide and add for my final answer

HELLLLP! I'm stuck and you all have been such a great help in the past. I'm
trying to modify my original formula from sheet1 (formula is from cell C62)
of: =INDEX('sheet2'!$A:$A,MATCH(A62,'sheet2'!$F:$F,0)) . From the value
returned (which is 419), I now must subract 129 (the value from cell C61,
also sheet 1). Then divide that number by 2, then add back in the value in
C61 (129) to get my final sum. I'm not sure how to incorporate "SUM" with
"INDEX,MATCH", or even which function to really use. Any and all help is
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default index and match, then subtract, divide and add for my final an

Thank you for the quick response. I tried your formula (copied and pasted),
but I'm getting a generic "The formula you typed contains an error". Same
thing I was getting, but can't figure out what the error is. Auditor won't
work because I can't get it to accept the formula to audit.