Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CP CP is offline

Default Percentage over a date range

In row 1 I have Jan to Dec - a header row
in row 2 I have a value directly under each date cell - the amount per month

in row 3 I need the percentage value of row2 over the year

ie if just using 4 months (I will be using 12 though)
Jan Feb March Apr month
5 5 20 20 Value
10 10 40 40 percentage of total year

I hope thats clear - many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
At the end add a Total column, then summarize row 2 and then in row 3 enter
the formula as follow

=a2/$m$2

copy the formula all the way up to Dec

If this was helpful please click Yes. thank you

"CP" wrote:

In row 1 I have Jan to Dec - a header row
in row 2 I have a value directly under each date cell - the amount per month

in row 3 I need the percentage value of row2 over the year

ie if just using 4 months (I will be using 12 though)
Jan Feb March Apr month
5 5 20 20 Value
10 10 40 40 percentage of total year

I hope thats clear - many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A3 =ROUND(A2*100/SUM($A$2:$L$2),2)

Copy the same to the 11 columns to the right
--
If this post helps click Yes