Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pearsons

I always get an error message when attempting to do an array for pearsons.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please post an example of your data, and your formula if you want us to be
able to help you troubleshoot. Just saying you have a error doesn't help us
at all.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

I always get an error message when attempting to do an array for pearsons.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is a 20 page worksheet:

these are the instructions:
Using MS Excel, calculate the Pearson product moment correlation coefficient
for the responses to your survey question and the responses of each of the
five Diener-suggested questions.
Identify any correlation coefficient with an absolute value of .30 or
greater.

This s the example:
On a scale of 1 to 7, how strongly do you agree with each of the following
statements? Please be open and honest in your responding. Subject #1 Subject
#2 Subject #3 Subject #4 Subject #5 Subject #6 Subject #7 Subject #8 Subject
#9 Subject #10
1) In most ways my life is close to my ideal. 5 5 4 4 2 1 1 2 2 4
2) The conditions of my life are excellent. 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3
3) I am satisfied with my life. 6 6 6 6 4 4 2 1 5 5
4) So far I have gotten the important things I want in
life. 2 2 2 2 4 4 5 5 4 5
5) If I could live my life over, I would change almost
nothing. 3 3 4 5 5 5 1 1 5 5

compared to:
#2 Subject #3 Subject #4 Subject #5 Subject #6 Subject #7 Subject #8 Subject
#9 Subject #10
1) I enjoy myself. 6 5 5 4 4 5 4 6 6 6
2) I was happy as a child. 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
3) My friends are true. 7 7 6 5 7 7 7 7 4 7
4) Being happy is important to me. 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
5) I like my appearance. 5 5 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 2
6) I enjoy time with others. 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6
7) Self-happiness over others is important to me. 5 6 6 5 4 5 5 6 6 6
8) I like where I am today. 6 6 6 6 6 7 7 7 7 7
9) I am happy right now. 5 6 5 5 2 6 4 5 6 7
10) My self-worth is important to me. 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7

this is the formula
=PEARSON(B13:BO17,B61:BO70)

This is the result:
###### error value not availble.....

I hope this helps...

I always get an error message when attempting to do an array for pearsons.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for info.
The error is being caused because of the different sizes of the arrays.

While this is the answer to initial question, it raises others, such as why
the instructions to your workbook would suggest something like this. Perhaps
you are supposed to pick 5 of the 10 to compare to, and not all 10?
--
Best Regards,

Luke M