Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Subtracting Military Time

I have a timesheet that I enter in and out times for workers. This is all in
the same cell. Example: 1300-1515. In the next row i enter how many hours it
is. We go by 1/4 hours. So in this case I would enter 2.25. I want to make
the in/out times in seperate rows and have the difference calculated for me.
When I do this, it comes out to 2.15 hours. I dont use a colon to seperate
the time. Is there a way to calculate the difference so it shows each 1/4
hour(.25, .5, .75)? If B2 is 1300 and B3 is 1445, can a formula show the time
as 2.75 hours? If I can do this without using a colon, I would prefer that.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe this:

=(TEXT(B3,"00\:00")-TEXT(B2,"00\:00"))*24

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Randy" wrote in message
I have a timesheet that I enter in and out times for workers. This is all
in
the same cell. Example: 1300-1515. In the next row i enter how many hours
it
is. We go by 1/4 hours. So in this case I would enter 2.25. I want to
make
the in/out times in seperate rows and have the difference calculated for
me.
When I do this, it comes out to 2.15 hours. I dont use a colon to
seperate
the time. Is there a way to calculate the difference so it shows each 1/4
hour(.25, .5, .75)? If B2 is 1300 and B3 is 1445, can a formula show the
time
as 2.75 hours? If I can do this without using a colon, I would prefer
that.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

All of you are awsome! Thanks for all your help.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Maybe this:

=(TEXT(B3,"00\:00")-TEXT(B2,"00\:00"))*24

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Randy" wrote in message
I have a timesheet that I enter in and out times for workers. This is all
in
the same cell. Example: 1300-1515. In the next row i enter how many hours
it
is. We go by 1/4 hours. So in this case I would enter 2.25. I want to
make
the in/out times in seperate rows and have the difference calculated for
me.
When I do this, it comes out to 2.15 hours. I dont use a colon to
seperate
the time. Is there a way to calculate the difference so it shows each 1/4
hour(.25, .5, .75)? If B2 is 1300 and B3 is 1445, can a formula show the
time
as 2.75 hours? If I can do this without using a colon, I would prefer
that.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Randy" wrote in message
All of you are awsome! Thanks for all your help.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Maybe this:

=(TEXT(B3,"00\:00")-TEXT(B2,"00\:00"))*24

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Randy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

suppose the data is in A2 & B2 column then putting below formula in C
column you will get 1.75.............

=(B2-A2)*24

A B C
13:00 14:45 (B2-A2)*24 = 1.75