Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I use a cell format to figure out a data?

Hello:

I have a spreadsheet that has different color fills do denote something:

Blue: Planned
Orange: Unplanned
Grey: Suspended.

Can somebody tell me how I can infer the data based on the fill color?

venki
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You will have to use VBA to grab the colorindex of the cells.

Do you want to do that?

See Chip Pearson's site for UDF's for working with colorindex.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP