Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using multiple IF conditions

I am having a difficult time with an IF statement.
I have a value in cell A1 that triggers a response in cell A5.
If cell A1 = 0, Cell A5 should =0
If cell A1 is 0and<=300,Cell A5 should =495
If cell A1 is 300, Cell A5 should =795.

The PROBLEM here is that I can't seem to use "and" conditions within an If
statement. I've tried "between" and "And" and that doesn't work either.
What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(A1=0,0,IF(A1<301,495,IF(A1300,795,"")))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jayceejay" wrote:

I am having a difficult time with an IF statement.
I have a value in cell A1 that triggers a response in cell A5.
If cell A1 = 0, Cell A5 should =0
If cell A1 is 0and<=300,Cell A5 should =495
If cell A1 is 300, Cell A5 should =795.

The PROBLEM here is that I can't seem to use "and" conditions within an If
statement. I've tried "between" and "And" and that doesn't work either.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jacob's answer will give you what you want...

Just so you know, the way to use AND is as below;
IF(AND(A10,A1<=300),"Condition True","Condition False")

"Jayceejay" wrote:

I am having a difficult time with an IF statement.
I have a value in cell A1 that triggers a response in cell A5.
If cell A1 = 0, Cell A5 should =0
If cell A1 is 0and<=300,Cell A5 should =495
If cell A1 is 300, Cell A5 should =795.

The PROBLEM here is that I can't seem to use "and" conditions within an If
statement. I've tried "between" and "And" and that doesn't work either.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In addition to Jacob and Sheeloo's responses, you can also do what you want
without using IF at all. Here are two ways in which you can do that...

=795-300*(A1<=300)-495*(A1=0)

=(795-300*(A1<=300))*(A10)

While the first formula is 2 characters longer than the second one, I think
the method of how it works is a little bit clearer.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Sheeloo" just remove all As... wrote in
message ...