Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default finding a number within a range

Hello,

We have a PO log that tracks the PO number series and the clinic they were
issued
to. I have a vlookup that appears to work most of the time but for some
reason PO number 2244100 is showing 1888 instead of 1593.

Maybe there is a better way of doing this??

Current Formula
=VLOOKUP($Y:$Y,'[PO LOG.xls]All PO''s'!$A:$C,3)

COLA_____COLB____COLC_
2243651 2243700 5975
2243701 2243800 6197
2243801 2243900 1888
2443901 2244000 653
2244001 2244100 1593
2244101 2244200 2355
2244201 2244300 4359
2244301 2244400 2364
2244401 2244500 3036
2244501 2244600 357
2244601 2244700 456
2244701 2244800 542
2244801 2244900 545

Thank you!
Cathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
Not sure why you are using whole of col Y
Try tis and fill down
=VLOOKUP($Y2,'[PO LOG.xls]All PO''s'!$B:$C,2)
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

"Cathy Landry" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the 4th argument and set it to FALSE or 0:

=VLOOKUP(Y1,'[PO LOG.xls]All PO''s'!$A:$C,3,0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Cathy Landry" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Hmm, weird......there are no extra spaces, I did a trim on both cola/colb
and made sure the formats were the same.