Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Date calculations resulting in negative numbers and averages

Thank you for your time - I have a two fold question please.

I am currently using =DAYS360(C3,D3) to calculate aging betwen dates. Is
there a way to leave blank any cell with a value less than zero?

Is there a formula I can use to take my calculated values from above and
find the average aging?

Thanks again,
Radrays
Using XP - Office 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(DAYS360(C3,D3)<0,"",DAYS360(C3,D3))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200845
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perfect...thank you for today's and yesterday's help!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(DAYS360(C3,D3)<0,"",DAYS360(C3,D3))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200845

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are quite welcome.
Thank you for the feedback.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200845

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(DAYS360(C3,D3)<0,"",DAYS360(C3,D3))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200845

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you're just subtracting dates, then you should use:

=d3-c3
(and format the cell as General (not date).)

Or
=if(d3<c3,"",d3-c3)
(still formatted as general.)

Radrays wrote:

Thank you for your time - I have a two fold question please.

I am currently using =DAYS360(C3,D3) to calculate aging betwen dates. Is
there a way to leave blank any cell with a value less than zero?

Is there a formula I can use to take my calculated values from above and
find the average aging?

Thanks again,
Radrays
Using XP - Office 2007