Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Rolling 12 Spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet with about 500 rows on it and it calculates in different
fields down the line. It has the 12 monthly columns at the top and every
month I go in and delete out the one on the left side and add the new column
at the right and then I have to redo all of the formulas - is there a way I
can do this without having to key in the formulas again. Thanks!
--
Miss Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Karen,

When you say 're-key' the formulas, are you copying the formulas over from
column to the next or are you using another method for moving those formulas.

Is there anything stopping you from just copying the formulas over one
column? Can you give an idea of what the formulas do? Are they lookups,
sums, averages, etc..

PJ

"Miss Karen" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with about 500 rows on it and it calculates in different
fields down the line. It has the 12 monthly columns at the top and every
month I go in and delete out the one on the left side and add the new column
at the right and then I have to redo all of the formulas - is there a way I
can do this without having to key in the formulas again. Thanks!
--
Miss Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

PJ,

I usually copy them over but some of them when I delete the column on the
left it shows and message of #ref and I have to rekey in the entire formula.
It has been alot of work and I was thinking that there has to be an easier
way to accomplish this spreadsheet.
The formulas do averages, sums and some of the fields have calculations in
them and that calculation is used in another field calculation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

--
Miss Karen

"Miss Karen" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with about 500 rows on it and it calculates in different
fields down the line. It has the 12 monthly columns at the top and every
month I go in and delete out the one on the left side and add the new column
at the right and then I have to redo all of the formulas - is there a way I
can do this without having to key in the formulas again. Thanks!
--
Miss Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a spreadsheet with about 500 rows on it and it calculates in
different fields down the line. It has the 12 monthly columns at the
top and every month I go in and delete out the one on the left side
and add the new column at the right and then I have to redo all of the
formulas - is there a way I can do this without having to key in the
formulas again. Thanks!

This may or may not work, depending on the formulas.

Instead of deleting column 1, copy columns 2-12 and paste onto columns
1-11.

Then update the constant values in column 12.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Instead of deleting column 1, copy columns 2-12 and paste onto
columns 1-11.

This didn't work I got the same thing #ref.
Let me know if you can think of something else.

Instead of deleting column 1, maybe hiding it would meet the need.