Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I protect a sheet so the rows/columns can't be deleted?

I'm setting up a workbook for continual shared use. Several of the other
users, rather than just deleting the data, highlight the row in question and
delete the row. That's throwing off all of the formulas on the final sheet.

Is there a way to set protection that will allow the users to edit their
data as they need to, but maintain the format and design of each of the
sheets, disallowing them from removing any rows?

Thanks
~Dani
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select all the cells in question, (either specifically, or entire sheet). Go
to format cell, on protection tab, UN-check the locked field.

Now, protect the workbook. Users should be able to input/delete data as
desired, but can not change formatting of sheet.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M