Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup with part of cell text

I need to use vlookup but the problem is that my cell contains a
bigger text string.
For e.g. cell text is CL BW 205
I want to use vlookup with BW which will return corresponding value
from the same row, 3rd col.

Is there any way to do this with a formula.

Regards,
Madiya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use =VLOOKUP(MID(A2,4,2), ... ) if the required substring is always 4th and
5th characters of cell text!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Madiya€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I need to use vlookup but the problem is that my cell contains a
bigger text string.
For e.g. cell text is CL BW 205
I want to use vlookup with BW which will return corresponding value
from the same row, 3rd col.

Is there any way to do this with a formula.

Regards,
Madiya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try:

=MIN(IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("BW",$A$1:$A$10,1)),ROW($A$1 :$A$10),""))

array-enter this formula i.e. with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER instead of using
just ENTER
if you enter this formula correctly curly brackets {} will show
(adjust A1:A10 to suit)

pls click YES if this post helped you

On 8 Kwi, 14:26, Madiya wrote:
I need to use vlookup but the problem is that my cell contains a
bigger text string.
For e.g. cell text is CL BW 205
I want to use vlookup with BW which will return corresponding value
from the same row, 3rd col.

Is there any way to do this with a formula.

Regards,
Madiya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

sorry, forgot the most important

the following array-entered formula:
=OFFSET($A$1,MIN(IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("BW",$A$1:$A$10, 1)),ROW($A$1:$A
$10),""))-1,2)

should bring required result

On 8 Kwi, 14:26, Madiya wrote:

I need to use vlookup but the problem is that my cell contains a
bigger text string.
For e.g. cell text is CL BW 205
I want to use vlookup with BW which will return corresponding value
from the same row, 3rd col.

Is there any way to do this with a formula.

Regards,
Madiya- Ukryj cytowany tekst -

- Pokaæ cytowany tekst -