Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Repeat Cell Based on the Value-Excel 2003

Hello,

I want to repeat a formula based on the value in another cell.
Example:
Formula/Result located in Cell B8
Value 5 located in Cell A2

How do I repeat the formula in cell B8 based on the value in cell A2? In
this example, the end result would have the formula in cell B8 repeated in
cells B9, B10, B11, B12, & B13. The number in cell A2 varies.

--
I thank you in advanced for all of your support... Elaine
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You have to use a macro if you want a cell to fill with a formula or left
blank depending on a condition. If you don't want to use a macro, you can
make a workaround like this:

Enter this formula in B9
=IF($A$2-(ROW()-9)0,formulainB8,"")
and fill it down through as many rows as the maximum value of A2.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Elaine€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hello,

I want to repeat a formula based on the value in another cell.
Example:
Formula/Result located in Cell B8
Value 5 located in Cell A2

How do I repeat the formula in cell B8 based on the value in cell A2? In
this example, the end result would have the formula in cell B8 repeated in
cells B9, B10, B11, B12, & B13. The number in cell A2 varies.

--
I thank you in advanced for all of your support... Elaine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

THANK YOU! It worked.

You are the BEST! My many thanks.
Elaine
--
Thank you... Elaine

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!

Clicking the YES button will be appreciated.
Stefi

€˛Elaine€¯ ezt Ć*rta: