Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I lock formulas but allow date entry in a cell

Is there a way to lock formulas but allow for data to be entered or deleted?
I need to create a sales spreadsheet for a client to record their sales and
deposits, but I do not want them to change the formulas.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the range and type in the name to the name box..(Left to the formula
bar)
After that Check the name in Insert|Name|Define

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Monterey" wrote:

Is there a way to lock formulas but allow for data to be entered or deleted?
I need to create a sales spreadsheet for a client to record their sales and
deposits, but I do not want them to change the formulas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi

first of all select all the areas in the work sheet where u want to allow
the data entries then right click / select "format Cells" / press protection
tab and untick the lock option.

after this go to tools in main menu select protection and protect the sheet
by giving your uniqu password. This will allow u to enter the data wherever
u need and will protect your formulas in the other area's of the sheet. Hope
this helps
--
MIS EXECUTIVE
RKHS

"Monterey" wrote:

Is there a way to lock formulas but allow for data to be entered or deleted?
I need to create a sales spreadsheet for a client to record their sales and
deposits, but I do not want them to change the formulas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select All using Ctrl+A
Right click cell to be entered |Uncheck locked
and Protect sheet.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Monterey" wrote:

Is there a way to lock formulas but allow for data to be entered or deleted?
I need to create a sales spreadsheet for a client to record their sales and
deposits, but I do not want them to change the formulas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry the below is a wrong post
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Monterey" wrote:

Is there a way to lock formulas but allow for data to be entered or deleted?
I need to create a sales spreadsheet for a client to record their sales and
deposits, but I do not want them to change the formulas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select cells to be entered. Right click FormatCells|Protection|Uncheck locked
and Protect sheet.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria