Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting based on 2 criteria

I am developing a retirement projection. I need to have the row highlighted
if the years of service is greater than 10 (cell D2) and age is greater than
55 (cell F2). How do I use conditional formatting to achieve this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the 'Formula is' in CF and use this,

=AND(D210,F255)

Regards,
Alan.
"Still learning@work" wrote in
message ...
I am developing a retirement projection. I need to have the row
highlighted
if the years of service is greater than 10 (cell D2) and age is greater
than
55 (cell F2). How do I use conditional formatting to achieve this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's assume the range to highlight is A2:F2

Select the range A2:F2
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:
=AND(COUNT($D2,$F2)=2,$D210,$F255)
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Still learning@work" wrote in
message ...
I am developing a retirement projection. I need to have the row
highlighted
if the years of service is greater than 10 (cell D2) and age is greater
than
55 (cell F2). How do I use conditional formatting to achieve this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the cells you want to highlight in row 2...

Use the formula
=AND($D210,$F255)

$ in front of the reference will force Excel to evaluate the same formula
for all cells in the row...

You can even paint it down for other rows... 2 will change to the row number
is is painted on...

Pl. click ''''Yes'''' if this was helpful...