Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I automatically open blank workbook when Excel

While I was on vacation someone else used my pc and now Excel no longer opens
with a blank workbook. How do I fix this to once again open with a blank
workbook. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put this in an empty cell in any worksheet in the workbook:

=cell("Filename",a1)
(don't change anything)

If you're opening a workbook that's been saved (not creating a new workbook from
a template), then you should see the path and name of the file (as well as the
worksheet itself).

Make a note of that location.

Close excel
Use windows explorer to go to that folder
Delete that file (or move it to a different location).

Then start excel to see if it worked.

You can also look under:
File|Properties|General tab
(xl2003 menus)