Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lock of copy command

how do i lock copy command in my excel sheet. i donot want anybody to copy
my data.
--
MIS EXECUTIVE
RKHS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not really possible in Excel.

You can protect the worksheet cells and not allow any cells to be selected
but I can override that by inserting a new worksheet or opening a new
workbook and linking to the cells on the protected sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 00:29:01 -0700, MANISH
wrote:

how do i lock copy command in my excel sheet. i donot want anybody to copy
my data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In our organisation, using Xl 2003, we password protect the sheets and
untick the select locked cells and select unlocked cells options.
This stops the "idiots" from copying but only for so long. For instance,
they can still print the details off and manually enter elsewhere.

Essentially don't allow them access to your workbook.

Paul