Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default linking cells with scheduling workbook

I have an Excel workbook for scheduling employees in several departments.
Each department has their own sheet and their scheduled days/times are linked
to a comprehensive sheet so all employees and their schedule are shown on one
sheet. The comprehensive sheet is printed and posted to everyone.

The problem I am having is that if they have a day off and the cells for the
starting and ending time is blank on the ind. department sheet, the cells
display 12:00 AM on the comprehensive sheet. How do I program so that
whenever an employee is not scheduled, that day is blank for their starting
and ending time on the comprehensive sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Awesome! "" is what I was looking for. Thank you!!

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

Try this =if(and(A3="",D3=""),"",D3-A3)

D3 holds ending time and A3 holds starting time

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"MattSwift" wrote in message
I have an Excel workbook for scheduling employees in several departments.
Each department has their own sheet and their scheduled days/times are
linked
to a comprehensive sheet so all employees and their schedule are shown on
one
sheet. The comprehensive sheet is printed and posted to everyone.

The problem I am having is that if they have a day off and the cells for
the
starting and ending time is blank on the ind. department sheet, the cells
display 12:00 AM on the comprehensive sheet. How do I program so that
whenever an employee is not scheduled, that day is blank for their
starting
and ending time on the comprehensive sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP