Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Creating an "If" Function with multiple "if"s

I am trying to create an "IF" function that will use the text entered in a
previous cell to fill in the current cell. I am doing this to break the US up
by state regions. I am trying to get diffrent managers to fill in for
diffrent states that are entered. (i.g.
=if(or(l2=€mi€,l2=€in€,l2=€oh€,l2=€k y€,l2=€ny€),€Ganiard, Tom€,"")
this will work for one manager."Ganiard, Tom" is what i want added for cells
that have the abbreviations for the sates above. now i want to add more
possible account managers for diffrent states but in the same cell.

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It won't work if you have more seven managers as IF can have max of 7

in general you do this
=IF(cond1,"cond1 is true",IF(cond2,"cond2 is true","cond1 and cond2 are
false))

basically add antoher IF where the FALSE result normally goes for the
previous IF
=if(or(l2=€mi€,l2=€in€,l2=€oh€,l2=€k y€,l2=€ny€),€Ganiard,
Tom€,=if(or(l2=€md,l2=€ca€,l2=€az€),€ Doe, John€,"Next If here"))
-------------------------------------
Pl. click ''''Yes'''' if this was helpful...

"SchizJoe" wrote:

I am trying to create an "IF" function that will use the text entered in a
previous cell to fill in the current cell. I am doing this to break the US up
by state regions. I am trying to get diffrent managers to fill in for
diffrent states that are entered. (i.g.
=if(or(l2=€mi€,l2=€in€,l2=€oh€,l2=€k y€,l2=€ny€),€Ganiard, Tom€,"")
this will work for one manager."Ganiard, Tom" is what i want added for cells
that have the abbreviations for the sates above. now i want to add more
possible account managers for diffrent states but in the same cell.

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you do have more than 7 people (and to make an easier formula) try using a
LOOKUP table. You could then list all the state abbreviates (in alphabetical
order) in one column, and beside that list who is assigned to each region.
Your formula then becomes something like:
=LOOKUP(l2,AA2:AB51)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"SchizJoe" wrote:

I am trying to create an "IF" function that will use the text entered in a
previous cell to fill in the current cell. I am doing this to break the US up
by state regions. I am trying to get diffrent managers to fill in for
diffrent states that are entered. (i.g.
=if(or(l2=€mi€,l2=€in€,l2=€oh€,l2=€k y€,l2=€ny€),€Ganiard, Tom€,"")
this will work for one manager."Ganiard, Tom" is what i want added for cells
that have the abbreviations for the sates above. now i want to add more
possible account managers for diffrent states but in the same cell.

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Luke,
Thanks for the info. but now that I have created the table, how do I work
the "LOOKUP" function into the "If" function.

Thanks Again
Joe