Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using the IF fuction for multiple cells

Can anyone help me correctly write an IF function for multiple cells? Here is
an example of what I am needing help with:

A2, B2, C2, D2 are all yes or no responses. I need a formula that will tell
me if anyone of these cells is "yes" then the outcome is yes.

In an individual cell my formula is =IF(A2="Yes","Yes","")...this works fine
but I need to expand to capture all cells.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(COUNTIF(A2:D2,"Yes"),"Yes","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mike" wrote in message
Can anyone help me correctly write an IF function for multiple cells? Here
is
an example of what I am needing help with:

A2, B2, C2, D2 are all yes or no responses. I need a formula that will
tell
me if anyone of these cells is "yes" then the outcome is yes.

In an individual cell my formula is =IF(A2="Yes","Yes","")...this works
fine
but I need to expand to capture all cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks works perfectly!!!!

Mike

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(COUNTIF(A2:D2,"Yes"),"Yes","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mike" wrote in message
Can anyone help me correctly write an IF function for multiple cells? Here
is
an example of what I am needing help with:

A2, B2, C2, D2 are all yes or no responses. I need a formula that will
tell
me if anyone of these cells is "yes" then the outcome is yes.

In an individual cell my formula is =IF(A2="Yes","Yes","")...this works
fine
but I need to expand to capture all cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Mike

=IF(COUNTIF(A2:D2)0,"Yes","No")

Strictly speaking the 0 isn't necessary, and it could be written as
=IF(COUNTIF(A2:D2),"Yes","No")

Make the final part "" if you want nothing to show in the cell instaed
of "no"

--
Roger Govier
Roger Govier's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=81