Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Amount minus VAT

If I enter an amount in A1 (£57.50) how can I show the Total less 15% VAT.
I need to enter different amounts in A1, A2 etc. all way down the A Column
and show in the B Column Less 15% VAT.

Any help would be much apreciated.
--
Snowyhjt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=A1-(A1*0.15)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"SnowyHJT" wrote:

If I enter an amount in A1 (£57.50) how can I show the Total less 15% VAT.
I need to enter different amounts in A1, A2 etc. all way down the A Column
and show in the B Column Less 15% VAT.

Any help would be much apreciated.
--
Snowyhjt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jacob,

Are you sure, isn't that just 15% of the total including VAT? Try adding
back 15% and you don't get back to the original number.

Mike

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

=A1-(A1*0.15)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"SnowyHJT" wrote:

If I enter an amount in A1 (£57.50) how can I show the Total less 15% VAT.
I need to enter different amounts in A1, A2 etc. all way down the A Column
and show in the B Column Less 15% VAT.

Any help would be much apreciated.
--
Snowyhjt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ooops...You are right...Thanks Mike...

Let me go and sleep...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mike H" wrote:

Jacob,

Are you sure, isn't that just 15% of the total including VAT? Try adding
back 15% and you don't get back to the original number.

Mike

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

=A1-(A1*0.15)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"SnowyHJT" wrote:

If I enter an amount in A1 (£57.50) how can I show the Total less 15% VAT.
I need to enter different amounts in A1, A2 etc. all way down the A Column
and show in the B Column Less 15% VAT.

Any help would be much apreciated.
--
Snowyhjt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Jacob, a great help
--
Snowyhjt

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

=A1-(A1*0.15)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"SnowyHJT" wrote:

If I enter an amount in A1 (£57.50) how can I show the Total less 15% VAT.
I need to enter different amounts in A1, A2 etc. all way down the A Column
and show in the B Column Less 15% VAT.

Any help would be much apreciated.
--
Snowyhjt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Mike, it worked great
--
Snowyhjt

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try

=(A1/115)*100

Mike

"SnowyHJT" wrote:

If I enter an amount in A1 (£57.50) how can I show the Total less 15% VAT.
I need to enter different amounts in A1, A2 etc. all way down the A Column
and show in the B Column Less 15% VAT.

Any help would be much apreciated.
--
Snowyhjt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry. Use the formula in Mike's post...=(A1/115)*100

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"SnowyHJT" wrote: