Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default bring info from one sheet to another sheet

I need to find out if there is a way to do this:

Sheet 1:

COL A COL B
item 1 price 1
item 2 price 2
item 3 price 3

Sheet 2: (recipie)

COL A COL B
any item brought from Sheet 1 price of corresponding item

HOW DO I GET the price stored on COL B (sheet 1) to show on COL B (Sheet 2)
once the item (COL A) is selected?

Any ideas?

Thanks a million,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try VLOOKUP. In cell B1 of Sheet 2 enter:

=VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet 1'!$A$1:$B$3,2,FALSE)

Copy down as needed.

HTH
Elkar