Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Working with XML data and functions

I'm working with XML data in excel and I'm trying to use a function for a
specific task.

History:
I've mapped xml data to specific fields in excel and then I import the XML
data and the cells in the specified rows are populated.

Setup:
Some of the XML data that is imported is a reference to an image file, the
cells are populated with the image name. For example "Image 1.jpg" the actual
image file reside on my local drive and I'm trying to use the =HYPERLINK
function to automate the hyperlinking of the imported XML data to the actual
image file.

Example: map XML name data and image name data to two columns in my
spreadsheet, in a 3rd column I set up the =HYPERLINK function and have it
reference the adjacent cells that will be populated with the XML image name
data

so, A1- A10 is set to receive the image name data, B1 - B10 is set
=HYPERLINK(A1,[image1]) - =HYPERLINK(A10,[image10])

Problem: when I import the XML data and cells A1- A10 autopopulated with the
XML image name data the very first hyperlinked function cell works, B1, but
B2 is automatically changed to =HYPERLINK(A11, [image2])

Is there some way to prevent that so that B2-B10 maintain the reference as
it was originally set up?

thanks