Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LAM LAM is offline

Default Can i use a reference inside Countif

I have a range of cells containing dates which I've changed to general
formatting. I need to count these when the info expires i.e. after 36 months.
I've got a formula in a cell to take todays date - the 36 months (38810
days). I then thought I'd be able to use count if, using the formula below
works but once i change the number to a cell reference I get 0 as a result?

=COUNTIF(AM11:AM19,"<=38810") - works

=COUNTIF(AM11:AM19,"<=$B$771") - returns as zero

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:13:01 -0700, LAM wrote:

=COUNTIF(AM11:AM19,"<=$B$771")

Try:

=COUNTIF(AM11:AM19,"<=" & $B$771)
--ron