-   -   Date Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/226469-date-format.html)

aozora

Date Format

Hi all,
I have the column of date in general/text format as "20080402", how can i
change it into date format, is there any format to change directly?
Thanks a lot

Dave Peterson

Date Format

Select the column
Data|text to columns (xl2003 menus)
fixed width, but don't add any lines and remove all that excel guessed.
Choose date
YMD (or YDM if that sample was 2008-Feb-04)

And format the cell using the nice date format you like.

--

Dave Peterson

Mike H

Date Format

See your other post

"aozora" wrote:

Hi all,
I have the column of date in general/text format as "20080402", how can i
change it into date format, is there any format to change directly?
Thanks a lot

HARSHAWARDHAN. S .SHASTRI[_2_]

Date Format

As your original data is in text format , pl use following formula.

=DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2))
--
HARSHAWARDHAN.S.SHASTRI

Pl do not forget to press "YES" button if post found useful.

"aozora" wrote:

Hi all,
I have the column of date in general/text format as "20080402", how can i
change it into date format, is there any format to change directly?
Thanks a lot

Rick Rothstein

Date Format

Here is a formula that is a little shorter and with 3 less function calls...

=--TEXT(A1,"0000-00-00")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)