Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CA CA is offline

Default DROP DOWN LIST

I am working on a spreadsheet that requires a choice between Yes or No. There
are 4 tabs for each area I cover, all spreadsheets contain the same basic
information; template where the areas will need to be populated. How can I
do a drop down menu for a range of cells in each of the tabs of this one
workbook?
--
Thanx, CA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Watch this 5 min video:

How to setup a data validation drop down list:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CA" wrote in message
I am working on a spreadsheet that requires a choice between Yes or No.
There
are 4 tabs for each area I cover, all spreadsheets contain the same basic
information; template where the areas will need to be populated. How can
do a drop down menu for a range of cells in each of the tabs of this one
workbook?
--
Thanx, CA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the cells where you want the drop downs to appear.
Goto the menu DataValidation
On the Settings tab, AllowList
As the source type in the desired items separated by commas:

Yes,No

Make sure "In-cell dropdown" is checked
OK out

--