Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need Help with a Formula

Hello,

Trying to come up with a formula which would do - if A through E =Y
then H = YES else NO

i started with this but it does not work. =IF((E2:I2 = y), "YES","NO")

A B C D E H
Y Y Y Y Y
Y Y Y N Y

Thanks for the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(COUNTIF(E2:I2,"y")=5,"YES","NO")
best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
Hello,

Trying to come up with a formula which would do - if A through E =Y
then H = YES else NO

i started with this but it does not work. =IF((E2:I2 = y), "YES","NO")

A B C D E H
Y Y Y Y Y
Y Y Y N Y

Thanks for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try...

=IF(A2&B2&C2&D2&E2="YYYYY","Yes","No")

Hope this helps!

http://www.xl-central.com

In article
,
wrote:

Hello,

Trying to come up with a formula which would do - if A through E =Y
then H = YES else NO

i started with this but it does not work. =IF((E2:I2 = y), "YES","NO")

A B C D E H
Y Y Y Y Y
Y Y Y N Y

Thanks for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That will return "Yes" for combinations such as this one (and there are
*lots* more)...

A2="YY"
B2="Y"
C2=""
D2="YY
E2=""

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Domenic" wrote in message
Try...

=IF(A2&B2&C2&D2&E2="YYYYY","Yes","No")

Hope this helps!

http://www.xl-central.com

In article
,
wrote:

Hello,

Trying to come up with a formula which would do - if A through E =Y
then H = YES else NO

i started with this but it does not work. =IF((E2:I2 = y), "YES","NO")

A B C D E H
Y Y Y Y Y
Y Y Y N Y

Thanks for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It doesn't look like that's going to be the case. Nevertheless, it
should have been pointed out. Thanks Rick!

In article ,
"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

That will return "Yes" for combinations such as this one (and there are
*lots* more)...

A2="YY"
B2="Y"
C2=""