Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Named Ranges and Dynamic Formulas

I have a number of tabs with the same Name Range on each tab.

I want reference the named ranges using a value in a cell in another
worksheet (same workbook).

Example:
Summary Tab - A2 = "01", B2 = '01'!NamedRange
Summary Tab - A3 = "02", B3 = '02'!NamedRange

Except I would like to use a formula that inserts the value from column A to
reference that Tab to pull the range from.

Something like: = ' & A2 & '!NamedRange

Is that possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Never mind. I figured it out.

Enter the Sheet name before the name.
Names in workbook: Sheet1!NamedRange1
Refers to: =Sheet1!$A$2

"Josh O." wrote:

I have a number of tabs with the same Name Range on each tab.

I want reference the named ranges using a value in a cell in another
worksheet (same workbook).

Example:
Summary Tab - A2 = "01", B2 = '01'!NamedRange
Summary Tab - A3 = "02", B3 = '02'!NamedRange

Except I would like to use a formula that inserts the value from column A to
reference that Tab to pull the range from.

Something like: = ' & A2 & '!NamedRange

Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
maybe =indirect("'"&A2&'!NamedRange)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=81615

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Got it.

I was trying =Indirect("'"&A2&"'!"NamedRange).

Made it =Indirect("'"&A2&"'!NamedRange"), it worked.