Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Changing size of check box

Hello,

I'm trying to create a form with a checkbox. I've been able to insert my
check box but I'm unable to enlarge it. I've gone to Format - Control -
Size but when I change that to a bigger number, the size of the entire
Control Box gets bigger with more blank white space but the actual check box
(where I check) remains the original size. I've also pulled and dragged the
edges of the control but I have the same issue.

How do I enlarge the actual check box where users will make their selection?

Thanks,
Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

unfortunately, you can't. both Control Toolbox checkboxes and Forms
checkboxes only come in one size.

if that's not good enough, you can make a column & row small and box
it in with borders on four sides and use an "x" instead of a
checkbox. you could still use this in event macros.
:)
susan

On Apr 1, 11:50*am, Scott wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to create a form with a checkbox. I've been able to insert my
check box but I'm unable to enlarge it. I've gone to Format - Control -
Size but when I change that to a bigger number, the size of the entire
Control Box gets bigger with more blank white space but the actual check box
(where I check) remains the original size. I've also pulled and dragged the
edges of the control but I have the same issue.

How do I enlarge the actual check box where users will make their selection?

Thanks,
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the form is worksheet form rather than a VBA userform the checkbox will
resize with the zoom control. Maybe you can use a smaller font but increase
the zoom. That will give the appearance of having used the "standard" font
size while getting a larger checkbox.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP