Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hierarchical outlining

Hi folks,
I have to convert a long table from Word to an Excel one.
The first column of the WORD table is a hierarchical outline, like

1.
1.1
1.1.1
1.1.2
2.

When copying the whole table and pasting it in Excel, Excel converts
some outlines to dates:

1.1 becomes 1.Jan
1.2.3 becomes 1.Feb 2003
But, it is interessting: not all so formated outlines are converted.

The outline looks in Excel like this:

1.
1. Jan
1. Jan 01

Any idea how to prevent that? - One possibility would be to edit the
WORD source and append a final period to each outline, but I do not
want to touch the WORD source.
Thanx
Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try formatting the column in Excel as text before pasting in the table
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"Michael.Tarnowski" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Michael.Tarnowski" wrote:
[...]

Paul,
thank you for your hint; I figured out, that formatting cells as text
is not sufficient, one has to insert the WORD-Table not by Ctrl-V, but
by "EditPaste Specialas Text".
Thank you.
Michael