Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default About the usage of the function

As I am the president of dance club in my university, I wants to assign a
4-digit password consisting of alphabets and numeric digit to each member for
our club intranet, can I use the function of excel to do it?
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What exactly do you want to function to do? Generate a random 4 digit
password (note that there are 1,676,616 combinations)?
Store information?

A 'random' generator setup:
First, go to Tools, Add-Ins, activate the Analysis ToolPak.
In A1:A36, place numbers 1 - 36.
In B1:B36 place a -z, and 1-0

Generator formula:
=LOOKUP(RANDBETWEEN(1,36),A1:B36)&LOOKUP(RANDBETWE EN(1,36),A1:B36)&LOOKUP(RANDBETWEEN(1,36),A1:B36)& LOOKUP(RANDBETWEEN(1,36),A1:B36)

You can now press F9 to generate another random combination.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M