Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dk dk is offline

Default How can I refer to sheet number not sheet (name)?

xl-2007
In a worksheet formula, is there a way to refer to another worksheet by
index number an not by it's given name?
I'd rather not us VBA if possible.
Thanks.
DK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The short answer is no, you'd need VB Code for this. But, there are a few
tricks, such as inserting hidden sheets, or creating a dynamic list of sheet
names that may work. It really depends what you need to do.

If you share some more details on what you're trying to accomplish, perhaps
we could make a suggestion.

HTH
Elkar

"DK" wrote:

xl-2007
In a worksheet formula, is there a way to refer to another worksheet by
index number an not by it's given name?
I'd rather not us VBA if possible.
Thanks.
DK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dk dk is offline

Elkar,
Thanks for the reply. I found code for returning sheet names using a UDF
"OffsetSheet()".
I'll play around with it.
Thanks again.
DK