Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Grouping above in Excel 2007

In Excel 2003 there was an option to group above or below the block, to the
right or left if grouping columns.

I can neither find the function to change this in Excel - nor anything
sensible on the subject in the help files (or here).

Has this functioanlity disappeared in 2007?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that site stops a level above where I
need to go. The Grouping options diagloue that existed in Excel 2003 appears
to have been removed - and with it the functionality.

Cheers,

SJKM

"SJKM" wrote:

In Excel 2003 there was an option to group above or below the block, to the
right or left if grouping columns.

I can neither find the function to change this in Excel - nor anything
sensible on the subject in the help files (or here).

Has this functioanlity disappeared in 2007?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx for a mapping
spreadsheet...

Also if you give us the navigation... we can try to find it in 2007 for
you... I have both 2003 and 2007 versions on my laptop.

"SJKM" wrote:

In Excel 2003 there was an option to group above or below the block, to the
right or left if grouping columns.

I can neither find the function to change this in Excel - nor anything
sensible on the subject in the help files (or here).

Has this functioanlity disappeared in 2007?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First - thank you for your help: I really appreciate it. As you probably
know, these little things can be really irritating, so I'm very grateful for
your time.

So - interestingly the MS demo programme, while very slick, also stops at a
level just above the one I need! It navigates to the Grouping functions in
2007 - but there are no further settings or options there. All you can do is
group or ungroup. There are no further choices. If you look in 2003 (I've
uninstalled it at home) you will see the Options dialogue which has a few
items in it, if I remember rightly - but definitely, the option to Group
above the block of rows or to the left/right of columns - contrary to the
defaults. I use this all the time!

The navigation in 2003 is DataGroup and OutlineSettings

I cannot find that dialogue, and I cannot find any mention of that
functionality in the Help files!

Any thoughts?

Again - many thanks for your help.

RIGHT: having written all that I have found it... there is a little box with
an arrow pointing down and right in the bottom right hand corner of the right
hand Outline function box on the menu ribbon in 2007 (that I've spent half
the day staring at). Clicking on that gets the dialogue box... That was
hard! And totally absent from any of the help files and the MS mapping
tool... So again thanks!

"SJKM" wrote:

In Excel 2003 there was an option to group above or below the block, to the
right or left if grouping columns.

I can neither find the function to change this in Excel - nor anything
sensible on the subject in the help files (or here).

Has this functioanlity disappeared in 2007?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See the images in
http://wikisend.com/download/598964/Group Option.xlsx

Goup and Outline options are on the DATA part of the ribbon...