Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel functions

I have 2 worksheets that contain the same information - name, ss#, date,
unit, discharge appt time, discharge date, discharge time. One sheet is
populated by all people who have discharged and the other sheet is populated
by those who have discharge appointments. Ideally, everyone has a discharge
appt., but that doesn't happen. On worksheet #1, the discharge appt time is
missing. I need to fill that column with the discharge appt time from sheet
2 by matching the name and discharge date. If it works, it will leave a
blank for those who discharged without a discharge appointment. Can anyone
lead me in the right direction for a formula that will accomplish this? I
have tried vlookup, if(vlookup), index and match, but I can't get any of them
to work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You lost me at this:

If it works, it will leave a blank for those who
discharged without a discharge appointment.

Sheet2:

A1:A10 = names
B1:B10 = discharge date
C1:C10 = discharge appt time

Sheet1:

A1 = some name
B1 = discharge date

Formula to get the discharge appt time from sheet2:

=SUMPRODUCT(Sheet2!A1:A10=A1),--(Sheet2!B1:B10=B1),Sheet2!C1:C10))

Format as Time.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP