LA

Default data validation

Hi all,
I am experiencing a problem with data validation. Validation cell still
works but the dropdown list does not appear. When I copy that cell to another
cell in the same worsheet, the same problem still occurs but to other
worksheet, it works normally.
FYI, valadated cell is not part of frozen part of the worksheet and in-cell
dropdown is selected.
Pls help to solve this problem.
Tks and rgds,
LA
Debra Dalgleish

If you run a macro to clear shapes from the worksheet, it will also
remove the data validation dropdown. Could that be the problem?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

LA

Tks Debra Dalgleish,
I'm not sure when macro to clear shapes has been run on my worksheet, but
the same prolem still occurs when I copy that cell to another cell or even a
new valadation cell is created in the same worksheet. Is there any other
reason?

LA wrote:
Hi all,
I am experiencing a problem with data validation. Validation cell still
works but the dropdown list does not appear. When I copy that cell to another
cell in the same worsheet, the same problem still occurs but to other
worksheet, it works normally.
FYI, valadated cell is not part of frozen part of the worksheet and in-cell
dropdown is selected.
Pls help to solve this problem.
Tks and rgds,
LA

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Dave Peterson

Maybe...

Tools|options|View Tab
make sure "show all" is selected for Objects.

LA wrote:
Hi all,
I am experiencing a problem with data validation. Validation cell still
works but the dropdown list does not appear. When I copy that cell to another
cell in the same worsheet, the same problem still occurs but to other
worksheet, it works normally.
FYI, valadated cell is not part of frozen part of the worksheet and in-cell
dropdown is selected.
Pls help to solve this problem.
Tks and rgds,
LA

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish

If the data validation shape has been removed from the worksheet, I
don't know of any way to get it back. Did you try Dave's suggestion of
checking ToolsOptions, View, Objects: Show All ?

LA wrote:

Hi all,
I am experiencing a problem with data validation. Validation cell still
works but the dropdown list does not appear. When I copy that cell to another
cell in the same worsheet, the same problem still occurs but to other
worksheet, it works normally.
FYI, valadated cell is not part of frozen part of the worksheet and in-cell
dropdown is selected.
Pls help to solve this problem.
Tks and rgds,
LA

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

LA

It does not work finally. :(
One thing I can do now, though fool, is to copy the whole worksheet to a new
one and re-establish the links to my model. The old one has to be removed.