Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default is this possible

worksheet 1 is set up as follows
column A has a 5 digits stock numbers
column B has the description of that stock number
column C has the price of that stock number

when I am in work sheet 2 I want to input a stock number in cell A1 and need
a formula in Cell B1 so it will find the description of the stock number
from work sheet 1, then the same for cell C1 but find the price. I have to
work with about 200 different stock number.
(if there is a differnt option other then a formula to have the description
and price to be found and inputted i am all ears)

Thanks to all who help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try these:

B1:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:C,2,0)

C1:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:C,3,0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob Bob" wrote in message
worksheet 1 is set up as follows
column A has a 5 digits stock numbers
column B has the description of that stock number
column C has the price of that stock number

when I am in work sheet 2 I want to input a stock number in cell A1 and
need a formula in Cell B1 so it will find the description of the stock
number from work sheet 1, then the same for cell C1 but find the price. I
have to work with about 200 different stock number.
(if there is a differnt option other then a formula to have the
description and price to be found and inputted i am all ears)

Thanks to all who help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thanks worked perfectly

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try these:

B1:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:C,2,0)

C1:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:C,3,0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob Bob" wrote in message
worksheet 1 is set up as follows
column A has a 5 digits stock numbers
column B has the description of that stock number
column C has the price of that stock number

when I am in work sheet 2 I want to input a stock number in cell A1 and
need a formula in Cell B1 so it will find the description of the stock
number from work sheet 1, then the same for cell C1 but find the price. I
have to work with about 200 different stock number.
(if there is a differnt option other then a formula to have the
description and price to be found and inputted i am all ears)

Thanks to all who help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP