Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Time functions

Hi,
I have to do some time calculations and I have a formula that outputs
in minutes. I have to subtract a standard time to this number of
minutes. For example, I have 8:00 AM in one cell and 20.68 minutes on
an other cell. The output that I am expecting is 7:39 AM. Does anybody
know how to bring an output like that by subtracting the minutes?
Please help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming 8:00 AM is in cell A2, and 20.68 is in A3
=A2-A3/1440

The 1440 converts your number into minutes (1440 = 24 hrs * 60 minutes)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Harish" wrote:

Hi,
I have to do some time calculations and I have a formula that outputs
in minutes. I have to subtract a standard time to this number of
minutes. For example, I have 8:00 AM in one cell and 20.68 minutes on
an other cell. The output that I am expecting is 7:39 AM. Does anybody
know how to bring an output like that by subtracting the minutes?
Please help. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

But this doesn't give me 7:39 AM as in exact format.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A common problem with times... Excel is guessing at the format (it thinks
you want a full date so it gives you the date corresponding to a serial
number of zero along with the time value)... just format the cell the way
you want it to look.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Harish" wrote in message
But this doesn't give me 7:39 AM as in exact format.

Time functions srpavar Excel Worksheet Functions 4 February 24th 09 09:31 AM
time functions KRK New Users to Excel 1 April 10th 08 03:43 PM
Calculating time without using time functions... Ian R Excel Worksheet Functions 4 August 26th 07 02:08 PM
Time functions HumingBean Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 9 October 23rd 06 03:16 PM
Time Functions carl Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 7th 05 02:34 PM