Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default NUB Formula Question

How do you got part of the formula to stay and the other part of the formula
to change when using the drag down handle?

For example:
I have
A1=<data B1=12 C1=(A1*B1)

When I pull the handle down currently, I get:
=(A2*B2)
=(A3*B3) etc.

I'd like:
=(A2*B1)
=(A3*B1)
=(A4*B1)

How do I get the B1 to not change?

Thanks in advance for your help!
--Dax
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use =A1*$B$1
The $ can be typed or added using the F4 key
Look in Help for "absolute reference"
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme