Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
clk clk is offline

Default Combining Two Columns of Data

Hello. I have a spreadsheet with data in column A and column H. I
need to "copy and paste" all data from column A (starting in A3) to
Column N (starting at N3). Once that is done, I move over to column H
(starting in H3) and copy all of the data there to Column N under
where the data stopped from column A.

I hope this make sense but here is a little example of what I want to
do:

A H N
1 7 1
2 8 2
3 9 3
7
8
9

I thought an "If" formula would work but I am not getting it to work
right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
clk clk is offline

Otto"clk" wrote in message

Hello. *I have a spreadsheet with data in column A and column H. *I
need to "copy and paste" all data from column A (starting in A3) to
Column N (starting at N3). *Once that is done, I move over to column H
(starting in H3) and copy all of the data there to Column N under
where the data stopped from column A.

I hope this make sense but here is a little example of what I want to
do:

A * * * * * * * * *H * * * * * * * * * * * * *N
1 * * * * * * * * * 7 * * * * * * * * * * * * *1
2 * * * * * * * * * 8 * * * * * * * * * * * * *2
3 * * * * * * * * * 9 * * * * * * * * * * * * *3
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *7
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *8
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *9

I thought an "If" formula would work but I am not getting it to work
right.

Any help would be appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Yes it seems like it would be a simple process but there are many
people using this spreadsheet and for some reason it doesn't seem so
easy for some. I have code working that will combine the data. I was
hoping for a formula so they didn't have to run a macro but the code
may be the only way to go.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put this in N3:

=IF(ROW(A1)COUNTA(A:A),INDEX(H:H,ROW(A3)-COUNTA(A:A)),A3)

and copy it down as far as you need. It assumes contiguous data in
column A, i.e. no blank cells until the end of the data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 20, 6:41*pm, clk wrote:
Yes it seems like it would be a simple process but there are many
people using this spreadsheet and for some reason it doesn't seem so
easy for some. *I have code working that will combine the data. *I was
hoping for a formula so they didn't have to run a macro but the code
may be the only way to go

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
clk clk is offline

On Mar 20, 6:41*pm, clk wrote:

Yes it seems like it would be a simple process but there are many
people using this spreadsheet and for some reason it doesn't seem so
easy for some. *I have code working that will combine the data. *I was
hoping for a formula so they didn't have to run a macro but the code
may be the only way to go- Hide quoted text -

Hi. Thank you for your response. This almost works. :.) I
appreciate the help. It will work on the data in column A but leaves
two blank cells then copies down column H data. I am not sure why I
am getting two "zero" entries between column A data and column H data.

I have a heading in A1 and a subheading in A2. Data starts in A3.

Any help would be appreciated.

~ Carrie