Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Calculations

I have a series of variable values in one column. I also have a fixed value
in one cell. I want to multiply all of the variable values by the fixed
value. How do I copy the formula for one calculation down the entire adjacent
column without Excel changing the cell number that contains the fixed value.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Without any formulas........................

Select the cell with the fixed rate.

Copy that cell.

Select the range to change and Paste SpecialMultiplyOKEsc

But you may want to have the formulas so's you can change the fixed rate for
what-if.

See other posts for cell referencing.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP