Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What is this, #### and what do I do with it?

When trying to total a row, this is my answer, #### or ###. If I click on
the cell the formula shows in the function box but that doesn't help. I am
tired of trying to learn about this. I'm getting nowhere.
Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are 2 possibilities for this
1) the content in the cell is too long, you need to widen the column
2) the content in the cell is a negative time value, you need to show us
the formula you are using in order for us to modify it

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked
An ordinary user helping another ordinary user and learn together

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Chestnut" wrote:

When trying to total a row, this is my answer, #### or ###. If I click on
the cell the formula shows in the function box but that doesn't help. I am
tired of trying to learn about this. I'm getting nowhere.
Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Widen the column.

Or maybe your total is a negative date or time?

You can find the answer in help under "errors"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP