Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Demerge cells and copy data

Hi
I have the following sheet:
A B
Customer A Product 1
Product 2
Product 3
Customer B Product 1
Product 2
Product 3
Product 4
Total

Column A is merged for every customer. How can i demerged with copying
customer name to every cell so that I can use the data in a pivot table?

Txs

Johan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. Select all cells and:
Format Cells... Alignment and clear the Merge checkbox

2. Click on A1 and move the cursor to the lower right-hand corner of the cell
(The fat plus will become a thin plus)

3. Double left click
This will fill down A1 to fill the blanks below it

4. Repeat with the next non-blank in column A
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200839

"Johan" wrote:

Hi
I have the following sheet:
A B
Customer A Product 1
Product 2
Product 3
Customer B Product 1
Product 2
Product 3
Product 4
Total

Column A is merged for every customer. How can i demerged with copying
customer name to every cell so that I can use the data in a pivot table?

Txs

Johan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
My customer colums contains a number and the data I am having contains
10.000 rows. so I have 2 issues :
1) Its a lot of data
2) If you use the + in the right corner it will update my customer number
with 1

any other ideas?

txs

Johan

"Johan" wrote:

Hi
I have the following sheet:
A B
Customer A Product 1
Product 2
Product 3
Customer B Product 1
Product 2
Product 3
Product 4
Total

Column A is merged for every customer. How can i demerged with copying
customer name to every cell so that I can use the data in a pivot table?

Txs

Johan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Select the data in column A and then Format Cells Alignment Uncheck
merge cells. This will demerge all cells. Now to plug in the holes so that
you can run a pivot, use the following trick:

1. Highlight the range in column A, say A5:A25;
2. Edit Go To Special Blanks;
3. Now perform the following
a. = key
b. up arrow
c. Ctrl+Enter

Hope this helps.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Johan" wrote in message
Hi
I have the following sheet:
A B
Customer A Product 1
Product 2
Product 3
Customer B Product 1
Product 2
Product 3
Product 4
Total

Column A is merged for every customer. How can i demerged with copying
customer name to every cell so that I can use the data in a pivot table?

Txs

Johan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,