Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default checkbox in dropdown question

I am trying to make a dropdown that will work similar to auto filter except
using checkboxes so I can pick several dates and only see the ones that I
want to. I know this should be easy but I just can not find out how? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

The easiest way is to upgrade to 2007, the AutoFilter has this checkbox
feature built in. In 2003 I would suggest looking at the Advanced Filter
command, in that case you set up a criteria range the would look something
like:

Dept
Acct
Admin
Sales

where Dept is one of the titles in your data and Acct, Admin, and Sales are
the three you want to see.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Greg" wrote:

I am trying to make a dropdown that will work similar to auto filter except
using checkboxes so I can pick several dates and only see the ones that I
want to. I know this should be easy but I just can not find out how? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This would be hard to keep up with since I add data every day and the dates
change. There are usually 5 - 10 enteries per day and a months worth of data
on each sheet. There are about 50 users that use their own copy of this and
most will not be able to do a lot in excel. :(