Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I would appreciate some help with a formula

I have a worksheet that is set up as follows,

Column A Product ID
Column B Product Name
Column C Product Quantity in Stock
Column D Product Price

I would like a formula that I can place in Column E that will take the
quantity of product in stock in Column C and multiply that number by the
product price in Column D then drag that formula down to the end of Column E
so that every row will have a separate total depending on the quantity in
stock and the Product price. The at the bottom of Column E I can do a
=sum() to get a total price of all products in stock.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Enter the formula mentioned, say =C1*D1 in E1 and then with the cell E1
selected double-click the fill handle. Then press Ctrl+Down Arrow which will
put you at the bottom of the formulas. Move down to the next cell and press
Alt+= (Alt Equal).

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire